Mission & History

Our Mission

The mission of the Pennsauken Free Public Library is to provide access to a comprehensive array of resources and services in order to promote social, economic, cultural, recreational and intellectual growth for all members of the community.

Our History

The Pennsauken Free Public Library was incorporated in 1959, and opened September 21, 1959 in the basement of the township municipal building. In 1970, W. Leslie Rogers donated the funds to complete the construction of the new library building, complete with interior fixtures and books. The Township Committee voted unanimously to name the project the W. Leslie Rogers Library. The library building was dedicated on April 17, 1971.

The library is officially known as the Pennsauken Free Public Library, located in the W. Leslie Rogers Library building.