Stations & Units

East Pennsauken Volunteer Fire Association, No. 1

Fire Station 1
8362 Stockton Avenue
(856) 663-5410

Squad 111

Squrt 111

East Pennsauken Volunteer Fire Association, No. 1

  • Pennsauken’s first fire company, formed in 1913
  • Initially, the fire brigade relied on wells and springs for water, until a chemical wagon was purchased in 1916 at the cost of $150 (approx. cost today: $3,000)
  • At one time, horses pulled the fire wagon; they were rented for $4 per fire from a local farmer
  • During World War II, women members of the Ladies Auxiliary drove the fire truck to emergencies, as many firemen were serving in the Armed Forces
  • In 1958, a more modern fire station was constructed at the same location as the original fire station

Pennsauken Volunteer Fire Company, No. 2

Fire Station 2
2215 Merchantville Avenue
(856) 663-1313

Engine 112

Tower Ladder 112

Cascade 112

Pennsauken Volunteer Fire Company, No. 2Formed in 1917 from the "Home Guard" which patrolled Pennsauken streets during World War I

  • Finances for the fire company were secured by selling ten dollar bonds to the residents who desired better fire protection
  • Their first vehicle was a horse pulled hose wagon until 1924, when the first motorized fire truck was purchased
  • In 1964, an 85-foot "snorkel" aerial truck was purchased, the first of its type in
    New Jersey

Bloomfield Park Volunteer Fire Company, No. 1

Fire Station 3 / Fire Headquarters
5301 Lexington Avenue
(856) 663-1208

Engine 1132 (Career Staff)

Foam Tender 11

Marine 11

Bloomfield Park Volunteer Fire Company, No. 1

  • Started in 1925 with just 11 members
  • The first fire engine was a Model-T Ford with two 125-gallon chemical tanks
  • Ironically, the fire house was destroyed in a fire in 1935
  • The Bloomfield Park fire station was rebuilt in 1936 and remodeled in 1975
 

Delaview Fire Company, No. 1

Fire Station 5
511 Union Avenue
(856) 662-6854

Engine 115

Ladder 115

Brush 115

Foam 11

Delaview Fire Company, No. 1

  • Initially started by the Delair Park Improvement Association in 1920, but closed due to financial difficulties
  • Restarted in late 1922 by the residents of both Delair and Bridgeview, using a 1920 Model-T Ford with a homemade body for a firetruck
  • The construction of the present fire station was financed by the Township Committee and the Ladies Auxiliary of the fire company

Pennsauken-Collingswood

Fire Prevention & Inspection Bureau

4700 Westfield Avenue

(856) 665-0774

FM 11-1

FI 11-A

FI 11-B

FI 11-C

FI 11-D

FI 16-A

FI 16-B